Vice President of Program Services Position Overview
Closing date: March 31, 2017 Position begins: June 1, 2017
Chinook Enterprises is a social enterprise – a not-for-profit designed to operate as a business with a social mission: “Supporting full participation in community life for individuals with disabilities or other barriers.” Chinook has been a leader in employment services for people with disabilities in Skagit Valley for over 36 years. Our service delivery process is based on the values of individual respect and dignity for all those served and has held the belief that individuals with disabilities can and should work, preferably in “regular” jobs in the community.
Chinook currently has over 25,000 square feet of offices and production facilities, with 70 staff members serving about 200 people, annually, with a wide range of disabilities.
Our current budget is 6.3 million with commercial operations generating approximately 75% of operating revenue, and fees for services roughly 23%.
Our vendor relationships include the following agencies: Developmental Disabilities, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, Services for the Blind and local High Schools.
Vice President of Program Services Position Description
The VP of Program Services is a full time professional management position overseeing all mission-based service Rehabilitation programs for Chinook Enterprises. The qualified candidate must have extensive knowledge of Vocational Rehabilitation and Supported Employment Services, as well as, demonstrated history of leadership and program development.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Oversees the coordination, monitoring, and delivery of services for Rehabilitation programs, including allocation and management of staffing resources.
- Develops and maintains new service program components, community contracts, identification of resources, and collaboration with other service agencies, etc.
- Acts as liaison between Chinook Enterprises and appropriate community agencies.
- Reviews local service needs and makes recommendations for service increases, when possible.
- Monitors direct case management services for customers, including plan development, vocational counseling, training, and file maintenance.
- Oversees and manages the monthly billing processes for all program services including Developmental Disabilities, Vocational Rehabilitation, school districts, and others as needed.
- Oversees maintenance and up-keep of customer records, ensuring adequate documentation and confidentiality.
- Oversees and maintains CARF Accreditation Standards as they relate to mission-based and administrative programs
- Coordinates and recommends staff training with the Rehabilitation Division to improve quality of services provided.
- Provides management reports related to services provided, annual outcomes, and required grant reporting.
- Updates changes used to define the program outcomes system to ensure that it is relevant and reviews program effectiveness and efficiency, annually.
- Oversees and coordinates the customer input process to determine overall satisfaction with services, annually.
- Manages recruitment, selection, and department orientation of new Rehabilitation Division employees.
- Participates in the performance review process for Rehabilitation Department staff.
- Provides staff support in planning, problem solving, and delivery of services.
- Attends monthly Board meetings, reporting on program activities, and serves on various staff and/or board committees, in efforts to improve overall programs.
- Maintains professional knowledge by attending trainings, conferences, consulting journals, receiving technical assistance, etc.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to organize, support, and supervise professional staff.
- Professionalism at all times with staff and community.
- Excellent communication skills (both written & oral).
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Knowledge of program needs in the local community served by Chinook Enterprises.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of program customers, staff employees, and financially related matters.
- Adhere to corporate policies as detailed in the Policy & Procedures manual.
Job Specifications and Requirements
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in a Social Service Management position.
- Experience using productivity software such as database programs, Windows Business software, and I-Pad technology.
- Experience with program development, budgeting, and cost estimating in the human services sector.
- Must submit to and pass a Washington State Patrol Background check.
- Must have a valid Washington State driver’s license.
- Current CPR/First Aid certification or obtain within six months of employment.
Educational Experience and Requirements
- A Bachelors Degree in Psychology, Human Services, Rehabilitation or related field, required.
- A Master’s Degree in a related field, preferred.
- Previous experience in mental health and substance abuse, preferred.
Wage and Benefit Summary
This position is a salaried, full time position (40 hrs) with supervisory responsibilities. Time flexibility is required, some weekend and evening work will be necessary. Advisory and supervisory assistance may be required in other parts of the program in the event of staff absences. Salary is negotiable DOE. This position includes the following benefits:
- Sick and vacation leave will accrue per company policies.
- Group medical benefits include medical, vision, dental, life, short and long-term disability coverage.
- A company match per dollar of employee participation is contributed into a Tax Sheltered 403(b) program according to the schedule in Chinook Enterprises 403(b) Agreement.