FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Production Manager
Date: April 13, 2022
Description of Company:
Chinook Enterprises is a non-profit organization that was founded in 1980. We are a non-profit designed to operate as a business, but with a social mission: supporting full participation in community life for people with disabilities or other barriers. Full participation must start with successful employment.
About the Position:
As requirements vary, this position description is a guideline and may change. The primary function of this position will include but is not limited to Manufacturing/Supply Chain operations. Job functions will depend upon the needs of the Chinook Enterprises Production Department and the specific project(s) to which the intern is assigned. The functions listed below are general in nature and apply to all Chinook Enterprises Production Interns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Apply their knowledge of basic manufacturing and supply chain principles to solve complex technical problems working with a team of full-time Chinook Enterprises employees.
- Collaborate with Chinook employees to manage small projects from preliminary concept through detail planning, bidding, manufacturing, assembly and commissioning for delivery to customer.
- As directed, apply current Manufacturing best practices to analyze & project financial health, determine ways to streamline Chinook Manufacturing processes and procedures from Bid Prep through product delivery.
- Works independently and efficiently with excellent organizational skills
- Communicates effectively and appropriately; uses good judgment as to what to communicate to whom as well as the best way to get that accomplished; speaks in a clear and credible manner, selecting the right tone for the situation and audience; listens to others and allows them to make their point.
- Recognizes opportunities and initiates actions to capitalize on them; looks for new and productive ways to make an impact; demonstrates this characteristic when it comes to generating new ideas or processes, seeking out and taking on increasing responsibility or resolving problems as they occur; uses sound judgment about when to take action and when to seek guidance or permission.
- Completes assignments given by the respective assigned mentor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Punctuality & attendance are a condition of employment and an essential function of the internship.
- Report any malfunctioning equipment to the Lead.
- Maintain acceptable attendance and punctuality standards.
- Work safely, report potential hazards, and follow company safety standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of…
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to follow oral and written instructions and work on sequential work routines.
- Must possess independent decision-making skills regarding accuracy and quality of assigned tasks.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment and with persons who have a variety of disabling conditions.
- Must be able to work well in an integrated, multidisciplinary, collaborative, team environment.
- Must, including daily interactions with technicians, machinists, engineers and managers.
- Must have strong customer service skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work well under pressure, meeting and completing multiple deadlines.
- Ability to adhere to corporate policies as detailed in the Employee Policies and Procedures Handbook.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software with the ability to learn to utilize new technologies.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be currently enrolled in a college or university degree engineering program geared toward Manufacturing & Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
- Required Washington State Driver’s license, basic vehicle liability insurance and be insurable.
- Required to submit and pass a Washington State Patrol background check as well as a DSHS background check.
- Must have, or obtain, a CPR certificate within 6 months of employment or current certification upon hire.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move 20-30 pounds. The employee is regularly working inside, generally siting, standing or walking. Appropriate personal protective equiptment is required by area. The employee must be able to sit for extended periods in a warehouse or office environment. Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, squat or crouch.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely indoors in an Office or Production type setting. The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and during short intervals, may work around light fumes from glues, resins, other bonding agents or cleaning solutions. The noise level in the work environment is generally low.
- We are committed to adding voices to our team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), military veterans and spouses, LGBTQ+ identifying individuals, and those with work gaps to apply and help us in our vision to realize a community that celebrates inclusion and diversity through innovative leadership and partnerships.
- View the Job Announcement here: https://chinookenterprises.org/position-opening-administrative-marketing-intern/
- To learn more about us, the position and to apply, please visit https://chinookenterprises.org/careers-at-chinook
- Download our application and submit it with your Cover Letter and Resume through our website. Or apply in person at: Chinook Enterprises, 2026 Laventure Rd. Mt Vernon, WA 98273