Want a career that makes a difference in your community?
Chinook Enterprises is seeking self-starters who enjoy networking and creative problem solving to support individuals with disabilities and other barriers to gain access to the workforce and the community.
Chinook Enterprises was founded in 1980. We are a non-profit designed to operate as a business, but with a social mission: supporting full participation in community life for people with disabilities or other barriers. Full participation must start with successful employment.
To help people live more productive and fulfilling lives by striving to gain competitive employment as well as inclusion in the community.
We demonstrate a positive environment to work, train, and provide service to our customers regardless of culture, age, gender, abilities, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, spiritual beliefs, genetic information, socioeconomic status, and language of origin. We prioritize diversity education for our staff and stakeholders and regularly assess our employee, customer, and stakeholder demographics to improve our effectiveness.
- We are committed to adding voices to our team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), military veterans and spouses, LGBTQ+ identifying individuals, and those with work gaps to apply and help us in our vision to realize a community that celebrates inclusion and diversity through innovative leadership and partnerships.
- To learn more about us, the position and to apply, please visit https://chinookenterprises.org/careers-at-chinook
- Download our application and submit it with your Cover Letter and Resume through our website. Or apply in person at: Chinook Enterprises, 2026 Laventure Rd. Mt Vernon, WA 98273
As requirements vary, this position description is a guideline and may change. The primary function of this position will include but is not limited to Manufacturing/Supply Chain operations. Job functions will depend upon the needs of the Chinook Enterprises Production Department and the specific project(s) to which the intern is assigned. The functions listed below are general in nature and apply to all Chinook Enterprises Production Interns.
For full job description with qualifications, please visit our website at https://chinookenterprises.org/careers-at-chinook/
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be currently enrolled in a college or university degree engineering program geared toward Manufacturing & Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to follow oral and written instructions and work on sequential work routines.
- Must possess independent decision-making skills regarding accuracy and quality of assigned tasks.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment and with persons who have a variety of disabling conditions.
- Must be able to work well in an integrated, multidisciplinary, collaborative, team environment.
- Must, including daily interactions with technicians, machinists, engineers and managers.
- Must have strong customer service skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work well under pressure, meeting and completing multiple deadlines.
- Ability to adhere to corporate policies as detailed in the Employee Policies and Procedures Handbook.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software with the ability to learn to utilize new technologies.
- The selected candidate will be required to provide proof of the COVID-19 vaccination prior to hire, unless appropriately accommodated.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Wage: $15.00 per hour
Benefits: As an Intern this position does not include Chinook Enterprises employee benefits. The company provides WA State Paid Sick Time, Unemployment Insurance and Labor & Industries Accident Insurance.