Want a career that makes a difference in your community?
Chinook Enterprises is taking applications for a full-time Landscaping Specialist to join our Landscaping Division in providing quality landscape maintenance to our contracts within Skagit County. Level I (entry level) and Level II (experienced) welcome to apply!
Chinook Enterprises was founded in 1980. We are a non-profit designed to operate as a business, but with a social mission: supporting full participation in community life for people with disabilities or other barriers. Full participation must start with successful employment.
To help people live more productive and fulfilling lives by striving to gain competitive employment as well as inclusion in the community.
We demonstrate a positive environment to work, train, and provide service to our customers regardless of culture, age, gender, abilities, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, spiritual beliefs, genetic information, socioeconomic status, and language of origin. We prioritize diversity education for our staff and stakeholders and regularly assess our employee, customer, and stakeholder demographics to improve our effectiveness.
- We are committed to adding voices to our team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), military veterans and spouses, LGBTQ+ identifying individuals, and those with work gaps to apply and help us in our vision to realize a community that celebrates inclusion and diversity through innovative leadership and partnerships.
- To learn more about us, the position and to apply, please visit https://chinookenterprises.org/careers-at-chinook
- Download our application and submit it with your Cover Letter and Resume through our website. Or apply in person at: Chinook Enterprises, 2026 Laventure Rd. Mt Vernon, WA 98273
As requirements vary, this position description is a guideline and may change. The primary function of this position will include but is not limited to performing landscaping maintenance off-site through the community. This position involves a high degree of community visibility and requires a person to operate tractors, hand mowers, edgers, wheelbarrows and other landscape maintenance equiptment. The ideal candidate will have general knowledge in the operation of this equiptment. The functions listed below are general in nature and apply to all Chinook Enterprises Production Landscaping Specialists.
For full job description with qualifications, please visit our website at https://chinookenterprises.org/careers-at-chinook/
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent, preferred.
- Knowledge of landscaping maitenance equiptment operation.
Skills & Abilities
- Must be alert, aware and always conscious of safety issues and surroundings while operating power equiptment or when lifting.
- Must be able to lift 30-60 pounds without difficulty.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat and kneel frequently.
- Must be able to work independently, in a high-paced working environment in all types of weather conditions.
- Ability to adhere to corporate policies as detailed in the Employee Policies and Procedures Handbook.
- The selected candidate will be required to provide proof of the COVID-19 vaccination prior to hire, unless appropriately accommodated.
- Must be able to pass WA State Patrol and DSHS Background Checks.
- Required Washington State Driver’s license, basic vehicle liability insurance and be insurable.
- Required to submit and pass a Washington State Patrol background check as well as a DSHS background check.
- Must have, or obtain, a CPR certificate within 30 days of employment or current certification upon hire.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Days and Hours: Monday – Friday, 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
Level I: $16.00 – $17.78 DOE + $1,000 HIRING BONUS
Level II: $18.03 – $21.42 DOE + $1,000 HIRING BONUS
Benefits: We offer an excellent benefits package, including full coverage on medical, dental, long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k) matching retirement, 10 paid holidays, 160 hours of paid vacation, paid sick leave and an optional vision benefit that is available at a low cost. As an incentive, Chinook Enterprises will be offering a $1000 hiring bonus to successful new hires who maintain employment through the end of the season and in good standing.
To find out more about our Landscaping Maintenance Division, check out our website: