Compliance & Technical Specialist
Want a career that makes a difference in your community?
Chinook Enterprises is seeking applicants who enjoy technical project management and compliance while supporting a mission driven organization.
Chinook Enterprises was founded in 1980. We are a non-profit designed to operate as a business, but with a social mission: supporting full participation in community life for people with disabilities or other barriers. Full participation must start with successful employment.
To help people live more productive and fulfilling lives by striving to gain competitive employment as well as inclusion in the community.
We demonstrate a positive environment to work, train, and provide service to our customers regardless of culture, age, gender, abilities, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, spiritual beliefs, genetic information, socioeconomic status, and language of origin. We prioritize diversity education for our staff and stakeholders and regularly assess our employee, customer, and stakeholder demographics to improve our effectiveness.
- We are committed to adding voices to our team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), military veterans and spouses, LGBTQ+ identifying individuals, and those with work gaps to apply and help us in our vision to realize a community that celebrates inclusion and diversity through innovative leadership and partnerships.
- To learn more about us, the position and to apply, please visit https://chinookenterprises.org/careers-at-chinook
- Download our application and submit it with your Cover Letter and Resume through our website. Or apply in person at: Chinook Enterprises, 2026 Laventure Rd. Mt Vernon, WA 98273
Responsible for the in-house leadership, development, and performance of assigned programs including all agency information systems in partnership with third party support. Supports to create, implement, modify, and maintain policies and procedures to meet applicable regulations and ensure the achievement of all program goals. Supports management in strategic program, business development issues pertaining to compliance and/or technology, building organizational capacity and actively participates in creating and meeting the organization’s long-term goals and objectives. Responsible for the development and ongoing support of all compliance projects and programs.
For full job description with qualifications, please visit our website at https://chinookenterprises.org/careers-at-chinook/
Skills & Abilities:
- Communicate in a clear, organized manner considering the level of technology sophistication of the audience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with co-workers on projects requiring specific expertise or input.
- Knowledge of software applications, hardware, including office machine operation, inclusive of scanning, copier, fax, printers, and postage meter.
- Ability to make appropriate suggestions and process improvement for overall organization.
- Ability to adhere to corporate policies as detailed in the Employee Policies and Procedures Handbook.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software with the ability to learn to utilize new technologies.
Education & Experience:
- AA degree in computer science, business management, business administration, project management or similar field of study preferred.
- Experience working with AS9100 and/or similar QMS standard preferred.
- Experience using an ERP system or similar software preferred.
- Any combination of education and experience that would reasonably prepare incumbent to successfully complete the position’s essential functions.
- The selected candidate will be required to provide proof of the COVID-19 vaccination prior to hire, unless appropriately accommodated.
- Must be able to pass WA State Patrol and DSHS Background Checks.
- Must have, or obtain, a CPR certificate within six months of employment or current certification upon hire.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Days and Hours: Monday – Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
Starting Wage: $24.66 – $31.51 DOE
Benefits: We offer an excellent benefits package, including full coverage on medical, dental, long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k) matching retirement, 10 paid holidays, 160 hours of paid vacation, paid sick leave and an optional vision benefit that is available at a low cost.