Chinook Enterprises was founded in 1980. We are a non-profit designed to operate as a business, but with a social mission: supporting full participation in community life for people with disabilities or other barriers. Full participation must start with successful employment.
To help people live more productive and fulfilling lives by striving to gain competitive employment as well as inclusion in the community.
We demonstrate a positive environment to work, train, and provide service to our customers regardless of culture, age, gender, abilities, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, spiritual beliefs, genetic information, socioeconomic status, and language of origin. We prioritize diversity education for our staff and stakeholders and regularly assess our employee, customer, and stakeholder demographics to improve our effectiveness.
- We are committed to adding voices to our team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), military veterans and spouses, LGBTQ+ identifying individuals, and those with work gaps to apply and help us in our vision to realize a community that celebrates inclusion and diversity through innovative leadership and partnerships.
- To learn more about us, the position and to apply, please visit https://chinookenterprises.org/careers-at-chinook
- Download our application and submit it with your Cover Letter and Resume through our website. Or apply in person at: Chinook Enterprises, 2026 Laventure Rd. Mt Vernon, WA 98273
Support business activities at the corporate, divisional or departmental level, through a variety of tasks including greeting and directing visitors and answering phone calls. An Intern typically works during a college break, e.g. summer break for a duration of 12 weeks (minimum commitment of 10 weeks). Specific work assignments depend upon the projects currently available at the time the student is employed.
For full job description with qualifications, please visit our website at https://chinookenterprises.org/careers-at-chinook/
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be currently enrolled in a college or university degree program geared toward Marketing, Administration, Business, Non-Profit or equivalent.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with co-workers on projects requiring specific expertise or input
- Ability to answer multiple telephone lines quickly and politely.
- Knowledge of standard office procedures.
- Knowledge of office machine operation, inclusive of scanning, copier, fax, printers, and postage meter.
- Ability to make appropriate suggestions and process improvement for overall organization.
- Ability to adhere to corporate policies as detailed in the Employee Policies and Procedures Handbook.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software with the ability to learn to utilize new technologies.
- The selected candidate will be required to provide proof of the COVID-19 vaccination prior to hire, unless appropriately accommodated.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Wage: $15.00 per hour
Benefits: As an Intern this position does not include Chinook Enterprises employee benefits. The company provides WA State Paid Sick Time, Unemployment Insurance and Labor & Industries Accident Insurance.