Compensation: Starting – $13.50 hourly (doe)
Employment type: Part-time 8 or 9 hours per week– Timing can be flexible For example, the schedule may be 3-hours/day 3 days/week.
This position functions within the Administrative Division and comes under the direct supervision of Facilities. The person employed in this position performs various janitorial tasks on a regular schedule at Chinook Enterprises.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Clean the kitchen and kitchenette once a week including sweeping and mopping the floors, remove garbage and recycling, clean chairs, tables, counters and sink, start dishwasher and check supplies.
- Sweep all office floors and vacuum area rugs at least once a week.
- Clean the 4 bathrooms once a week including, sweeping and mopping the floors, restocking supplies, removing garbage, wipe down and clean sinks and toilets and wipe down fixtures and dividers.
- Report any malfunctioning equipment to the Lead.
- Work professionally, cooperatively, and effectively with co-workers, inclusive of workers with disabilities.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and assist in the monitoring of daily clean-up, as assigned by Lead.
- May assist with facilities maintenance periodically.
- Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions, and work on sequential work routines.
- Make independent judgments regarding the accuracy and quality of assigned tasks.
- Able to work independently, as well as, in a team environment.
- Physically able to reach, push scrub, sweep, bend, stop, operate a vacuum and perform other tasks normally related to cleaning.
- Communicate comfortably and effectively with co-workers and with persons who have a variety of barriers.
- Must pass a Washington State Patrol Background check.
- Must be able to lift and carry 35 lbs. without undue strain.
- Must be in good health, able to use hands to fingers, reach with hands and arms, stand, squat, walk, bend and reach above shoulder level.
- Must adhere to company policies as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
- Must maintain acceptable attendance and punctuality standards.
- Must always work safely, report potential hazards, and follow company safety standards.
- Must possess and exhibit a strong work ethic.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Graduate or equivalent is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working inside, generally walking or standing for long periods of time. Will work with variable noise equipment such as a vacuum. During short intervals, may work around fumes from cleaning agents. Appropriate personal protective equipment required, by area.
We use e-verify and are an equal opportunity employer.
Chinook Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer.