FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Human Resources Manager
Date: January 17, 2022
Description of Company:
Chinook Enterprises is a non-profit organization that was founded in 1980. We are a non-profit designed to operate as a business, but with a social mission: supporting full participation in community life for people with disabilities or other barriers. Full participation must start with successful employment.
About the Position:
Responsible for the in-house leadership, development, and performance of assigned programs including all agency information systems in partnership with third party support. Supports to create, implement, modify, and maintain policies and procedures to meet applicable regulations and ensure the achievement of all program goals. Supports management in strategic program, business development issues pertaining to compliance and/or technology, building organizational capacity and actively participates in creating and meeting the organization’s long-term goals and objectives. Responsible for the development and ongoing support of all compliance projects and programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Assists organization in becoming newly certified in regulations such as ITAR and maintaining compliance in AS9100, CMMC, etc.
- Acts as ISO Document Controller.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the CARF Technology Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Maintains the ERP system and software.
- Responsible for maintaining other assigned company/customer databases, as appropriate.
- Partner with third party website support and act as liaison to perform websites updates/edits, as needed.
- Partner with third party IT provider and acts as Project Manager for company-wide IT improvements.
- Provide overall support for all aspects of electronic communication for the company, including IT security.
- Provide oversight and monitoring for any outside IT hardware service technicians.
- Complete IT onboarding procedures with all new hires, such as: requesting new user setup, IT training and supporting access to ADP, email accounts and computer etc.
- Create, modify, maintain, and manage all programs and projects to meet established goals and objectives.
- Participate in setting department goals based upon the strategic direction of the organization; modify and update goals in response to changing circumstances.
- Responsible for the implementation and/or maintenance of electronic equipment and/or software in partnership with IT provider, such as telephone, computer, software, upgrades, and related systems in accordance with organization needs or goals.
- Provide staff training as necessary to ensure optimum use of all technology by all staff.
- Troubleshoot IT issues with staff members and connect them to various solutions & resources.
- Continually improve personal working knowledge of software and hardware to maintain the organization’s competitive edge.
- Maintain staff and customer confidentiality.
- Create and/or maintain all files, reports, and other information necessary to meet contract or organization goals.
- Create and update records and databases, submit timely reports, and prepare presentations/proposals.
- Accurately and completely report their status to performance standards, goals, and objectives to their assigned manager.
- Ensure positive, timely, and effective communication.
- Review and/or revise procedures or devise new e-forms to improve efficiency of workflow.
- Assist management and designated personnel in the completion of necessary work.
- Prepare cost estimates for projects of future need & participate in the development and maintenance of an accurate annual operating budget.
- Following management staff approval, purchase software/hardware in the most cost effective and time efficient manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of…
- Communicate in a clear, organized manner considering the level of technology sophistication of the audience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with co-workers on projects requiring specific expertise or input.
- Knowledge of software applications, hardware, including office machine operation, inclusive of scanning, copier, fax, printers, and postage meter.
- Ability to make appropriate suggestions and process improvement for overall organization.
- Ability to adhere to corporate policies as detailed in the Employee Policies and Procedures Handbook.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software with the ability to learn to utilize new technologies.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- AA degree in computer science, business management, business administration, project management or similar field of study preferred.
- Experience working with AS9100 and/or similar QMS standard preferred.
- Experience using an ERP system or similar software preferred.
- Any combination of education and experience that would reasonably prepare incumbent to successfully complete the position’s essential functions.
- Required Washington State Driver’s license, basic vehicle liability insurance and be insurable.
- Required to submit and pass a Washington State Patrol background check as well as a DSHS background check.
- Must have, or obtain, a CPR certificate within six months of employment or current certification upon hire.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move 20-30 pounds. The employee is regularly required to sit at a desk and work on a computer for prolonged periods of time. The employee must be able to access and navigate each department onsite. Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, squat or crouch.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely indoors in an office type setting. The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts or outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is generally low.
We are committed to adding voices to our team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), military veterans and spouses, LGBTQ+ identifying individuals, and those with work gaps to apply and help us in our vision to realize a community that celebrates inclusion and diversity through innovative leadership and partnerships.
- View the job announcement here: https://chinookenterprises.org/position-opening-compliance-technical-specialist/
- To learn more about us, the position and to apply, please visit https://chinookenterprises.org/careers-at-chinook
- Download our application and submit it with your Cover Letter and Resume through our website.
- Or apply in person at: Chinook Enterprises, 2026 Laventure Rd. Mt Vernon, WA 98273
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org