FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Office and Safety Coordinator
Date: April 1, 2022
Description of Company:
Chinook Enterprises is a non-profit organization that was founded in 1980. We are a non-profit designed to operate as a business, but with a social mission: supporting full participation in community life for people with disabilities or other barriers. Full participation must start with successful employment.
About the Position:
Support business activities at the corporate, divisional or departmental level, through a variety of tasks including greeting and directing visitors and answering phone calls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Greet and check in visitors to determine who they wish to see.
- Issue visitor’s badge and register as required.
- Perform various support tasks that can be done while in the reception area.
- Manage incoming phone calls and emails.
- Maintain internal schedules and calendars for the organization. This can include adding events and meetings to shared calendars, updating event information, and recording appointments and time off.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail and correspondence. Sort the day’s mail, date stamp, and place mail directly in employees’ mailboxes.
- Take meeting minutes, as requested.
- Support departments with errands to bank, post office, and other community sites, upon request.
- Support facility and vehicle maintenance, as requested.
- Confer with leadership team and Board of Directors to support CEO and BDO in development of projects for use in fresh marketing initiatives.
- Work alongside CEO and Marketing Consultant to identify, develop, or evaluate marketing strategy, based on objectives, market characteristics, cost and other factors. Help develop advertising materials, materials for direct mail, develop website, blog and video content.
- Work alongside CEO and Marketing Consultant to formulate, direct, or coordinate marketing activities or policies to promote product or services.
- Partner with CEO and Community Employment Services Coordinator to support fundraising efforts/goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of…
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with co-workers on projects requiring specific expertise or input
- Ability to answer multiple telephone lines quickly and politely.
- Knowledge of standard office procedures.
- Knowledge of office machine operation, inclusive of scanning, copier, fax, printers, and postage meter.
- Ability to make appropriate suggestions and process improvement for overall organization.
- Ability to adhere to corporate policies as detailed in the Employee Policies and Procedures Handbook.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software with the ability to learn to utilize new technologies.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be currently enrolled in a college or university degree program geared toward Marketing, Administration, Business, Non-Profit or equivalent.
- Washington State Driver’s license, basic vehicle liability insurance and be insurable, preferred.
- Required to submit and pass a Washington State Patrol background check as well as a DSHS background check.
- Must have, or obtain, a CPR certification within six months of employment or current certification upon hire.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move 20-30 pounds. The employee is regularly required to sit at a desk and work on a computer for prolonged periods of time. The employee must be able to access and navigate each department onsite. Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, squat or crouch.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely indoors in an office type setting. The employee greets and interacts with incoming customers, stakeholders as well as employees on a regular basis. The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts or outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is generally low.
- We are committed to adding voices to our team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), military veterans and spouses, LGBTQ+ identifying individuals, and those with work gaps to apply and help us in our vision to realize a community that celebrates inclusion and diversity through innovative leadership and partnerships.
- View the Job Announcement here: https://chinookenterprises.org/position-opening-administrative-marketing-intern/
- To learn more about us, the position and to apply, please visit https://chinookenterprises.org/careers-at-chinook
- Download our application and submit it with your Cover Letter and Resume through our website. Or apply in person at: Chinook Enterprises, 2026 Laventure Rd. Mt Vernon, WA 98273