Compensation: $16.00 to $18.00/hour DOE
Employment type: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday
This is a pivotal position in this organization. The person must be able to welcome and communicate comfortably with participants with all types of disabilities as well as employees, management, board members and outside customers. The Administrative Assistant must also maintain a customer service orientation and professional manner in all interactions. The Administrative Assistant functions as administrative support to management, accounting support to Finance and communication support to the entire organization and board of directors. This position is directly supervised by the President and CEO.
Chinook Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Set Board Meeting dates and locations, schedule annual planning meetings, prepare lunch orders if needed and send and manage calendar invitations.
- Manage CEO/VP schedule conflicts. Answer phones for CEO and take message based on the CEO/VP calendar.
- Schedule timely, accurate meetings with required participants and send reminders and prepare rooms as needed. Set up corporate resources utilizing Outlook.
- Create new Chinook Forms if requested using Chinook internal document template.
- Create PowerPoint presentations as requested.
- Maintain and order office supplies, production and safety supplies, business cards, and other purchases for all departments.
- Manage employee security badges system including preparing new badges, receiving acknowledgments, providing training and assessing fines if needed.
- Manage visitor badge and sign in process including training if needed.
- Receive and process incoming and outgoing mail.
- File or create process for organizing and important reference materials.
- Forward fax documents to addressees.
- Autonomously maintain a clean, professional lobby, resource room, training area, boardroom and workspace and ensure all areas are presentable.
- Maintain the end of day processes for security and building shut down (including kitchen).
- Assist customers with transportation needs.
- Prepare customer invoices and record payments using Peachtree software.
- Prepare employee invoices and record payments using Peachtree software.
- Calculates hours and enters in database for Boeing jobs.
- Handle all incoming telephone calls, forward calls, and route messages to appropriate staff following the defined processes.
- Identify improvement to the Administrative Processes as needed. Participate in providing efficiencies, processes to improve accuracy and other measures.
- Greet all persons coming to Chinook and maintain security procedures.
- Send assigned employee communication via email as needed.
- Maintain digital bulletin boards as needed.
- Post information on bulletin boards as needed.
- Maintain One Call Now emergency database.
- Provide New Employee Orientation for administrative processes.
- Provide communication regarding the Safety Committee in the event of drills or emergency situations. Sound alarm as needed or provide specific instructions for the specific drill or emergency. Participate on the Safety Committee aiding the committee as needed.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Essential Skills and Characteristics:
- Must be the Chinook subject matter expert for Office products such as Word, Outlook Mail, Schedule Plus and PowerPoint.
- Must have strong Excel Skills.
- Knowledge and ability to answer multiple telephone lines quickly and politely and route calls according to the requirements of the employees and management.
- Accurately type a minimum of 65 words per minute.
- Bring excellent verbal and written communication skills to all forms of communication including graphic presentations and business correspondence whether by letter or email.
- Working knowledge of Peachtree and other database programs.
- Knowledge of office machinery operation, inclusive of copier, fax, printers, and postage meters.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in all areas.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality regarding all program participants, staff, Board members, and agency business.
- Superior interpersonal skills for dealing with wide variety of staff, participants, and general public.
- Ability to act in a collaborative, engaged, helpful, courteous, professional manner and have a good personal presentation.
- Able to address all job functions with a strong sense of customer service.
- Able to adhere to Chinook Mission, Values and Policies.
Job Specifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of two years advanced office experience including supporting executive management or board of directors.
- Must submit to and pass a Washington State Patrol Background check
- Proficient experience in computer software: Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and accounting software.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in all areas.
- Maintain organized work area to ensure that information is available to others.
- Prioritize workload to accomplish tasks in efficient time frames.
- Maintain acceptable attendance and punctuality standards.
- Accept instruction and direction from multiple sources, facilitating the needs of several departments.
- Computer software certifications or trainings or a minimum of 5 years computer software experience inclusive of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Trainings or certifications in job-related areas.
Wage and Benefit Summary:
This position is an hourly, full-time position (40hrs). Time flexibility is required, some weekend and evening work may be necessary. Salary and benefits are competitive.
Applicants for this position are selected for interviews on the basis of their resumes, references, and work history. It is the policy of Chinook Enterprises to verify information contained on all application material. A background check through the Washington State Patrol will be required. Final selection for this position will be based on oral interviews.
Chinook Enterprises uses e-Verify and is an equal opportunity employer.